Detox & rebuild consultations…
I trained with Barbara Wren at the College of Natural Nutrition & I qualified in 2015 after having transformed my own health many years before by incorporating this philosophy into my life.
When it comes to getting better, we’ve been deeply conditioned to be incredibly sceptical of the idea that the body is capable of healing & rebuilding itself.
We’ve also been completely taken for a ride in being led to believe that it’s the job of the government, media & big pharma to keep us healthy.
In reality no matter what labelled disease anyone has, under the right conditions, the body has the potential to heal itself.
Today’s world is absolutely full of toxicity, which is inextricably linked to disease; particularly chronic illnesses, which are becoming increasingly rife & normalised.
Our bodies are amazing at detoxing themselves, but these days we’re simply overloaded & if we want to be healthy, our bodies need help.
Detoxing has been a buzzword for some time, but there is an art to it that’s rarely talked about.
There are two aspects to detoxing; firstly toxins are released from the cells, then secondly they need to exit the body.
The art is in the flow – like pouring water through a funnel – pour too fast & the water backs up & overflows.
In detox terms, this would mean getting rid of one problem & causing another, which is possibly why many people give up before they’ve really got going.
What I offer
‘Detox & rebuild’ consultations.
The aim of my consultations is to help people master the art of detoxing & rebuilding the body back to a state of health.
What to expect
From taking a case history, I look at patterns that have developed, predispositions that have been inherited, lifestyle factors, & toxic load.
From looking at fundamentals such as pH, blood sugar & hydration, determining which organs need support & where to focus attention, I can tailor-make a protocol which will minimise the stress/ challenge on the body in order to free up the energy it needs to do what it is quite capable of doing; rebuilding & repairing – with additional support where needed.
Typically this will involve:
• Detoxing – there are many naturopathic techniques which despite being gentle on the body, can be incredibly powerful. These range from epsom salts baths, to castor oil packing, to enemas & even urine therapy.
(Don’t worry – we’ll work at your pace with whatever you feel comfortable with!)
• Diet – we’ll look at what to take out of the diet & what to put in.
(Again, don’t worry – I’m a firm believer that good health does absolutely not mean having to compromise on taste, & I practise what I preach; I went to the trouble of getting a 2* Great Taste Award for my healthy chocolate to prove the point! See my recipes page for loads of food ideas.)
• Supplements – if it seems that the body could do with some additional support in its journey back to health, I’ll suggest some supplements.
I believe it’s good to go easy to start with. Often making a few simple changes can kick-start some positive shifts in the body, & from there motivation & encouragement naturally grow.
There really is no need for nutritional changes to feel like some arduous boot camp; if done gently it can all be quite effortless.
That said, obviously this approach is not a quick fix & does require taking responsibility for your own health & a level of motivation to begin making necessary changes.
This can be jarring & anger-inducing to some, but inspiring, exciting & liberating to others; please consider how it sits with you before booking!
How my consultations work
1) Send me an email with a brief description of what’s going on for you & what you’d like to get out of the session.
We can then book a slot (appointments are very limited currently).
Initial appointments are approximately one hour & are usually conducted via zoom.
2) After we’ve arranged an appointment, please pay for the session & I will email you a questionnaire to return to me before we speak.
Payment is made on a donation basis.
My suggested amount for the initial consultation is £75 (£30 for shorter follow-ups), but please see my donations page for more information.
3) During the consultation we’ll talk through your health, lifestyle & what you’d like to achieve, to give me a clearer picture of where to focus our attention & changes.
4) I will then come up with suggested dietary changes, naturopathic techniques & supplements if appropriate, & email this to you.
5) I suggest a follow-up session after 3-4 weeks to check in with how you’re doing, add in some more suggestions if relevant & tweak any adjustments necessary.